It’s Likely These Many of These 7 New Laws That New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy Signed Will Easily Be Shot Down by the Supreme Court Like Many Others, Eventually
On July 5th, if you missed the news, the governor of New Jersey, Phil Murphy, Signed seven new anti-2a/anti-gun bills into law. They are all not only unconstitutional (which ANY gun law is) but some are probably even completely unrealistic.
The seven laws go after everything from microstamping, to special permits to basically a registry for ammunition purchases. These seven laws:
- Allows the Attorney General to bring cause of action for certain public nuisance violations arising from the sale or marketing of firearms.
- Requires firearm owners who become New Jersey residents to obtain a firearm purchaser identification card and register all handguns acquired out-of-state
- Upgrades certain crime related to manufacturing firearms from third degree to second degree.
- Revises the definition of “destructive device” to include certain .50 caliber rifles.
- Regulates sale of handgun ammunition and develops a system of electronic reporting of handgun ammunition sales.
- Requires training for issuance of a firearms purchaser identification card and a permit to purchase a handgun under certain circumstances; provides that firearms purchaser identification card include photograph and thumbprint and remain valid for 10 years.
- Requires firearm retailers to sell microstamping-enabled firearms upon determination of availability by the Attorney General.
The New Jersey governor even went so far as to say that the horrific events over the July 4th weekend were the biggest reasons to sign these into law. Funny, though, that the places that saw some of these shootings already have many of these laws and they didn’t stop the events from occurring. As usual, this isn’t about “safety.” It’s always been about control
The best question everyone should ask this man is will he and any other privileged, elitist politician now be safe enough to remove their own armed security? Will their armed security also follow these same laws?
The microstamping law that’s also being pushed in other states will simply keep those manufacturers out of your state. Which, I guess is the ultimate goal anyway. Also, there are ultimately many of these laws leading to a “shall issue, but with caveats” type of situation that has already been shot down in New York by the Supreme Court in the ‘New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, Inc. v. Bruen’ case. Unfortunately, that case led to New York politicians writing new, even WORSE gun laws.
These elitist, politicians obviously aren’t going to stop even with the Supreme Court ruling against them. It’s a shame that they can’t see what they are leading us into. Or, maybe they do…
Thanks for reading. Let us know your thoughts below, and if you’re a New Jersey resident, it might be time to call and annoy (not threaten) your Representatives.